We spent Cinco De Mayo with Lindsey of 17th+Pear taking our 1 year photos!!
She is an amazing photographer and from our very first shoot Keely has been wrapped around her finger!
We found 17th+Pear through some friends who had used them to do their Baby packages- Newborn, 6 month, 1 year etc. The minute we found out our due date I was calling Lindsey to get us booked!
For our Newborn photos I chose our house for the location. I wanted Keely to have photos of her first home for years to come!
For Keely’s 6 month photos we traveled to the 17th+Pear studio- it’s so cute! They’ve got this adorable little house in Downtown Athens!
For the 1 year photos I wanted something fun and different.I couldn’t make up my mind on the location. Originally I thought about walking down to our little park where we had Keely’s birthday party. Then I came across this photo and the light bulb came on…..
My good friend Casee took this photo a few years ago for our Christmas card. This is the Old State Bank of Alabama building in Downtown Huntsville. You may call it First National Bank, Regions bank, or the bank that Jesse James robbed. Kyle and I had our rehearsal dinner here and it has a very rich History in our city! I knew we needed to recreate this picture!
Of course we had to fight off a few prom couples- sorry……. And my vision of K and I holding hands while Keely bird sat below us, didn’t really work for our little walker. However I think we nailed it! Definitely hanging this one in our house!
The rain held off for us, although Lindsey did have a back up plan that involved a clear umbrella! One thing I’ve learned this year is always have a backup plan. And snacks. And an outfit change. 🙂
After I got my bank picture we headed down to the park to let our girl run around and show off her personality!
That bow didn’t last long. Keely’s sweet birdie dress came from one of my favorite pre-order smocked groups- The Smocking Bug! They currently have some extras of this dress- get it here.
Sassiest girl you’ve ever met…..
Of course being in Big Spring Park meant we had to take a photo in front of the incredible Rocket City Mural! Have you seen it yet?
We live in such a fun city! Huntsville, you’re out of this world…… see what I did there!
Last stop was U.G. White for some candy!!
Side Note- I’m the worst Mama- we just looked at the pretty candy and didn’t buy any…..
here are my tips for a photo shoot with a toddler!
- Buy a leash- just kidding….but not really
- Bring all the snacks- seriously all of them
- Don’t forget an outfit change for baby- you never know what’s going to happen, juice box spill, mud from sitting in the grass, a blowout…..
- If you’re taking your photos outside- have a backup plan in case of rain
- Have fun- your photographer is a pro and you’ve hired them for their expertise. Find a photographer you’re comfortable with and trust. I love Lindsey, she’s always up for my ideas but puts her own spin on them. I never worry that she’s not getting my good side, and she’s amazing with my kid!
- Chose simple outfits- I know it sounds cliche but chose timeless, easy pieces and think about your surroundings. My seersucker dress was the perfect match for a muggy day in May, and how handsome does Kyle look in his linen oxford. Of course Keely really stole the show- it was after all her photo shoot.
What are your tips for photos with kids?? I’d love to hear them!
My dress and earrings- Elitaire Boutique
Nude Platform Sandal- Michael Kors- These are similar
Kyle’s Linen Button Down- Here Its on sale!!
Keely’s Dress- The Smocking Bug- Here
Keely’s Sandals- Freshly Picked- Here Best sandals ever- they’re prong less meaning I don’t have to worry about punching an extra hole when her foot gets bigger!